Wednesday, August 10, 2011

holy HEAT

y'all. it is so hot here. I went for my run at 9 o'clock PM and this was the temp:



I mean, can we get some fall please?

Other than the heat, I had a great run. I went ahead and bumped myself up to week 3, day 1. That looks like this:

5 minute warm-up walk

90 seconds running
90 seconds walking
3 minutes running
3 minutes walking
      repeat

5 minute cool down walk

Now, for anyone who is an actual runner, that probably seems a little silly. But for me, 3 minutes of full on running is an accomplishment, and I am proud of myself! I'm also extremely motivated to continue and grow that number. Less than 2 months until the 5k, so I really have to keep my butt in gear and get prepared.



Official stats:

Distance: 2.09 miles
Walk pace: 16:08/mile (slower than yesterday)
Run pace: 
13:39/mile (faster than yesterday!)

I felt: Great! I did all my runs, and kept a good pace.
The weather was: Hot.
Best song(s) from playlist: Emerge by Fischer Spooner & Hey Mama by Mat Kearney

I'm getting excited as the race gets closer. Tomorrow is a day of rest, but I'll be doing some yoga for sure, and maybe even some 30-day shreddin'! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, anyone who is an "actual runner" started at the exact same place... so NO KNOCKING YOURSELF DOWN!! Glad you're updating again!

    ReplyDelete