Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm baaaack

Finally! It has been a crazy few weeks around here. Today was the first time I've run since the last time I updated...isn't that awful? But I was doing the 30-day shred or yoga (or both!) every day.

Except last week.

Jackson and I spent a week with my dad...which is always so much fun, but also I tend to feel like calories don't count at Pop's house. But I actually did pretty well eating wise. I did get one good swim in while I was there, but that was it as far as working out. But, I still managed to lose 1 pound! So I'm officially down  8 lbs. (I lost a pound the week before too.) So, yay for not gaining!

Running (for the first time in my new fancy shoes!) felt so good! I've missed it, which is weird. I hit a really good stride tonight. I picked up where I left off instead of starting over, and even pushed a run through 2 of my walks.


(my app messed up and said I only ran 0.9 miles. that is wrong, I ran the same route I always run. It was 2 miles.)

Official stats:

Distance: 1.9 miles (I'm just going to call it fair...)
Walk pace: 15:18/mile
Run pace: 
14:38/mile

I felt: awesome! First run in two weeks, and I feel like I knocked it out of the park! Glad to be back!
The weather was: Hot. 94 with a pretty nice breeze. And it was dusk, so it was pretty out!
Best song(s) from playlist: Pumped up Kicks by Foster the People and Someone Like Me by Laura Jenson (Armin van Buuren remix)

Times were a little slower than last time, but I fully expected that. I'm glad to be back on track! Will be doing a run tomorrow and then I'll be on my Monday, Wednesday, Friday runs again, with the shred and some yoga in between. 

We have a lot going on around here too. We have weddings we'll be filming coming up, our son will be 3 on the 24th and his party will be on the 27th and the school starts again. Busy, busy! 

I'll be back with my stats tomorrow. 

It's good to be back!




No comments:

Post a Comment