Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'll take it

It was 90 degrees this afternoon, y'all. ninety. and cloudy. and there was a breeze that didn't feel like a blow dryer. obviously, the boy and I hit the park to take full advantage. it was so nice. we had the place to ourselves, and we went down more slides than I can count.

I'll take it.

Then, because I felt so good about my run last night, I talked myself into doing it again tonight. So glad I did. The weather was cooler, and I started right at dusk and it was great. 


I felt good. I'm learning how to control my breathing and to keep my pace. Oddly enough, I can keep a better pace when I run than when i walk. I'm kind of awkward when I try to walk fast...or maybe I'm just awkward. Who knows. Either way, I am enjoying running more every time I go. That's the goal, right?


Official stats:

Distance: 1.91 miles ( I started my app a little further into my warm-up than usual to snap a few pictures)
Walk pace: 16:43/mile (slower than yesterday)
Run pace: 
13:25/mile (a littletinybit faster than yesterday!)

I felt: Really good. Proud of my pace. My shins started to hurt a bit toward the end, but otherwise it was a great run today.
The weather was: Cooler...if you can call it that. Better than 99!
Best song(s) from playlist: Lovestoned/I think she knows by Justin Timberlake & Pardon Me by Incubus

I'm in kind of a song rut. I have a very small running playlist, and even most of those feel too slow to me. I'd love to hear some of the songs that keep you guys motivated while you run or work out! 

Tomorrow is Friday! I'm hoping to do the shred during nap time, and either a run or some yoga in the evening (maybe...). Maybe I'll even throw one in this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment