Saturday, August 13, 2011

i promise i'll stop talking about the weather

but it's RAINING outside right now! it has been raining most of the night apparently. and it's 77 degrees. I mean, i don't know what to say besides halleluja! we sure need it.


Back on-topic, I did get a good workout in yesterday. Hit the 30-day shred for the first time in almost 2 weeks. It felt awesome. I'm trying to talk myself into bumping up to level 2. I am such a chicken. I've never even done level 2. Maybe tonight or tomorrow. I might even talk myself into taking advantage of this cool weather and go for a run later today. We'll see.

Also, I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 4 lbs. this week. Holy cow! I made some pretty significant changes to my diet, and it's apparently working. I've cut gluten, most carbs, sugar (minus a teaspoon or so for my coffee) and dairy. I thought for this carb-o-holic that I would surely die of cravings, but it's actually been easier than I thought. I've had so much more energy, never feeling heavy or weighed down by what I eat. And seeing that scale move is really great motivation. So, the combination of weight watchers, and all that stuff is really working for me right now.

I'd love to hear what you guys are doing. Anyone else trying the gluten-free diet? Or paleo?

i'm off to enjoy the weekend with my guys. have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment