Friday, July 15, 2011

day 2, week 2

Even though I really wanted to keep sleeping this morning, I made myself get up (after one snooze through) and go for my run. I felt pretty strong at first, but my shins started hurting pretty bad about halfway through. I pushed through, but I was still in a fair amount of pain for about 20 minutes after I was done. I looked it up and it says aches and pains are pretty normal when you first start running. Maybe I need some new shoes? Has anyone had any experience here? Any advice or tips?

I did a pretty great run though. Fastest run time yet! I also found a new route that is the perfect distance. No backtracking, which is nice.



Official stats:

Distance: 1.9 miles
Walk pace: 16:51/mile
Run pace: 11:43/mile (2 whole minutes per mile faster than last time!! Fastest yet!)

I felt: motivated and strong at first, then sore towards the middle.
The weather was: 79 degrees with no breeze
Best song(s) from playlist: One More Time by Daft Punk and Single Ladies by Beyonce

I'll be doing one more run either tomorrow morning or evening. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It could be your shoes...what you can do is go to a running store and get fitted. Then will look at the way your ankles role when you walk (in, out or normal) where you are putting the most pressure (this is done on a machine) and then they give you depending how everything turns our the type of shoe you need in various styles. Usually the fitting doesnt cost anything but for a good running shoe it does cost a little bit...usually around a $100 or more. Trust me its worth getting a good shoe then screwing up your body with cheap shoes....I have learned!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog, very inspiring! I wish I could finally just do it. Keep up the good work!
    xoxo, Ashley

    justmeandtex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete