Friday, July 8, 2011

favorite summer salad

I love salads. Especially in the summertime. One that I have been eating a lot lately is this spinach and strawberry salad with fresh strawberry vinaigrette.




I originally found this recipe on Annie's Eats here. I just did a little tweaking to bring down the calories in the dressing, and added some avocado. It is cool, crisp and so refreshing on a hot summer day!

Summer Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette

For the dressing:
1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or to taste)
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (or to taste)
1 teaspoon white sugar
pinch of salt

Blend until smooth in blender or food processer. This makes about a cup and a half. It usually lasts me a week in the refrigerator.

For the salad:
(You can really add anything you like to the salad. This is how I like to eat mine.)
2 cups baby spinach
2-3 strawberries, sliced
1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
1/4 of an avocado, diced

Layer your salad and top with dressing.

For anyone counting Weight Watchers points, the dressing is 0 points plus per serving. Any salad toppings are additional points.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Jenna's....

    That sounds SOOOOO good!! :) Im trying to eat better and run more! Good Luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came by from Jenna's :)

    That sounds delicious! I just tried a new strawberry vinaigrette at a restaurant the other night and it was fantastic. I'll have to try this one! :)

    ReplyDelete