Thursday, July 7, 2011

what a way to start the day

Today is day 2, and already my alarm clock is my enemy. I thought it didn't go off, but I guess I just had the volume turned down too low to hear. So, at 6:45 am I woke up and realized I missed my alarm, and my window to get my run in before my husband had to be ready and off to work. I am planning to do the 30-day shred while my kid naps, and then maybe this evening go for my run.

Since we're talking about starting the day I thought I'd share an article about breakfast I came across. HERE

via

Breakfast is hard for me. I'm rarely hungry and prefer to just have a cup of coffee, but I am trying to force myself to eat a healthy breakfast. I'm not usually up for full on cooking in the morning either, so the quicker the better. I usually do oatmeal, or sometimes yogurt and granola, but they're both pretty sweet, and granola is a little high in calories.

So, tell me... what are your go-to healthy breakfasts? Do you feel fuller longer if you eat breakfast?

I'll be back tonight with my work-out stats for the day.

8 comments:

  1. I am impressed - I wish I could get motivated to do a 5K. I am also doing WW - tonight is weigh-in. I LOVE 30 day shred but haven't been motivated to get it started and usually only last a few days and then I get to busy. You've motivated me to start it back. Just stopping by from Jenna's Journey.

    www.shannonsusie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the breakfast info.

    I tend to eat a cereal bar, but it definitely doesn't fill me up. I hear peanut butter on whole wheat toast is a great filler and full of protein etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog! I'm doing 30 Day Shred and it's a workout for sure! I'm also bad about not eating breakfast. Your post has encouraged me to start back with breakfast AND running! I'm from Jenna's Journey, as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never eat breakfast...not good!! I should start though...just nothing sounds good. :(

    Oh..the nail polish...LOVE the color...it's Empire State Blue...by NYC (the inexpensive stuff). I have a hard time spending lots of money on nail polish...and these usually stay on a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I do breakfast every day even if it just a granola bar. I try to do something high protein either baked oatmeal that I make with lots of eggs and low sugar or a smart ones breakfast item. I do the 30 day shred too... just taking a brief break due to work, but I will be back at it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty picture! And awesome goals! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great! I'm the same way with breakfast...never want to eat it but really do better when I do! I usually have some kind of shake. Thanks for the other ideas!

    ReplyDelete