Monday, August 15, 2011

week 3, day 3

I finished up week 3 of the couch to 5k program today. I'm really finding my stride now that I'm getting into longer chunks of running. 3 minutes isn't much, but it's double what I have ever done before, and I'm very proud of myself for that. The stopping to walk in between kind of throws me off though. It's always kind of hard for my to find my stride again after that first run, but I'm working on it. And it's feeling better every time I run.


Official stats:

Distance: 2.04 miles
Walk pace: 16:35/mile
Run pace: 
13:32/mile 

I felt: Sweaty! It was so humid out tonight that I was pouring sweat most of the time. But it secretly felt awesome! Shins are still giving me trouble toward the end, mostly when I'm walking. Stretching once I'm done seems to be helping a lot though.
The weather was: Hot and humid!
Best song(s) from playlist: Stronger by Kanye West and Take On Me by a-ha

Registration for my 5k starts on September 1st! It's getting close!

Have a great Tuesday!



1 comment:

  1. I always tell people 3 minutes isn't very long... until you are the one doing it!! Never ceases to amaze me how many people scoff at it - but get them out and DOING it and they are singing a different tune.

    GOOD FOR YOU for getting it done!!! How are the shins?

    ReplyDelete